Hope all is going well for you. Please do keep in touch!
Chinese fortune cookie say “man who run in front of car get tired”
Desert drought (can you say redundant) update: current = 3.3″ normal = 8″ If you ask me that is not a big difference total wise, percentage wise yes.
While neither Kara or I are big college football fans, UNM is making it tough to be interested in them. UNM recently lost to TCU 69-0.
The first weekend in Oct in ABQ is the balloon festival. For about a week they have a ton of hot air balloons taking off every morning. Very colorful! Some odd shapes, they had a cow (with legs), a bee (small wings). It was interesting to see. Quechee VT has a very similar event every summer which I have seen. I would not traverse the country to see either but it is a neat event. I suspect many of the ballon operators like it out here, if you are not over town it is not like there are many hazards, there are no trees!
Soon there after, we had our annual gather of college friends in early Oct. We meet up every year, of late usually near Purdue. We did have one year when a few of the couples went to Hawaii. We are hoping to have another special outting in a couple years, we might go back to Mich Tech country, the Upper Peninsula of MIch (U P) or maybe Alaska or MAYBE both. There are about seven couples that attend this event every year. It is very nice everyone has made the effort to keep in touch and continue the friendships.
As many of you know it is the year end for the gov. That caused even more paper work to be filled out by Kara. Year end review, completing travel forms etc. She is waiting to hear how congress irons out the funding for her lab. There are 2 versions of bills covering this topic. One has about a 40% cut the other almost none. She has been told that it matters little to her job security but more how much if any she will get to travel this year is the queston. She is not yet past her 1 year anniversary which we believe is the “probationary” period for her since she is a veteran. Her first boss, remember how much we liked him??? He insisted that the probation was 3 years. We have information to the contrary because of the veteran status. Hopefully none of that will ever matter!
I have still been doing a few small consulting jobs. Got paid, that certainly feels good!
Most Recent Posts
- Newsletter 21 – No COVID Talk here!
- Never sent … Newsletter #20 – Two vodka-cranberries and one beer cost us $190 … November 26, 2017
- Newsletter 19 – Why Did the Bird Not Cross the Road
- Newsletter 18 – Haunted Toothbrush
- Newsletter 17 – So many headlines to choose from
- Newsletter 16 – Is it REALLY cold where you are?
- Newsletter 15 – Two golf flavors
- Newsletter 14 – 2013 Apr/May
- Newsletter 13 – We’re back in the right time zone!
- Newsletter 12 – The grass is greener!
- Newsletter 11 – NH man shot in NM
- Newsletter 10 – Puttin on my propeller hat
- Newsletter 9 – I can see that NH is green, NM is not
- Newsletter 8 – Took damage from a leaf!
- Newsletter 7 – UNM football = painful
- Newsletter 6 – I got a question and WY trip
- Travel Blog – Status
- Newsletter 5 – A first for me
- Newsletter 4 – It does rain here
- Update 3 1/2 – July, not so exciting so far